[openstack-dev] [Magnum] Docker Swarm Mode Support

Spyros Trigazis strigazi at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 13:03:23 UTC 2017

Hi Vahric,

A very important reason that we use fedora atomic is that we
are no maintaining our special image. We use the upstream
operating system and we rely on the Fedora Project and we
contribute back to it. If we use ubuntu we would need to
maintain our special qcow image.

We also use the same containers as the Fedora Atomic project
so we have container images tested by more people.

CoreOS is kubernetes oriented, they updated Docker only
last week [1] from 1.12.6 to 17.09. You can contribute a coreos
swarm-mode driver if you want but you it will rely on CoreOS
to update the docker version.

Support for swarm-mode is only added in Pike. You can
follow what Ricardo proposed or as you said update all
your OpenStack services.

Cheers,
Spyros

[1] https://coreos.com/releases/