[openstack-dev] [tc][ptls][all] Potential Queens Goal: Migrate Off Paste

Mike thingee at gmail.com
Wed May 31 20:38:30 UTC 2017

Hello everyone,

As part of our community wide goals process [1], we will discuss the
potential goals that came out of the forum session in Boston [2].
These discussions will aid the TC in making a final decision of what
goals the community will work towards in the Queens release.

For this thread we will be discussing migrating off paste. This was
suggested by Sean Dague. I’m not sure if he’s leading this effort, but
here’s a excerpt from him to get us started:

A migration path off of paste would be a huge win. Paste deploy is
unmaintained (as noted in the etherpad) and being in etc means it's
another piece of gratuitous state that makes upgrading harder than it
really should be. This is one of those that is going to require
someone to commit to working out that migration path up front. But it
would be a pretty good chunk of debt and upgrade ease.

[1] - https://governance.openstack.org/tc/goals/index.html
[2] - https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/BOS-forum-Queens-Goals

—
Mike Perez