[openstack-dev] [tripleo] CI Squad Meeting Summary (week 21) - Devmode OVB, RDO Cloud and config management

Jiří Stránský jistr at redhat.com
Wed May 31 07:59:09 UTC 2017

On 30.5.2017 23:03, Emilien Macchi wrote:
> On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 4:58 PM, Attila Darazs <adarazs at redhat.com> wrote:
>> If the topics below interest you and you want to contribute to the
>> discussion, feel free to join the next meeting:
>>
>> Time: Thursdays, 14:30-15:30 UTC
>> Place: https://bluejeans.com/4113567798/
>>
>> Full minutes: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-ci-squad-meeting
>>
>> = Periodic & Promotion OVB jobs Quickstart transition =
>>
>> We had a lively technical discussions this week. Gabriele's work on
>> transitioning the periodic & promotion jobs is nearly complete, only needs
>> reviews at this point. We won't set a transition date for these as it is not
>> really impacting folks long term if these jobs are failing for a few days at
>> this point. We'll transition when everything is ready.
>>
>> = RDO Cloud & Devmode OVB =
>>
>> We continued planning the introduction of RDO Cloud for the upstream OVB
>> jobs. We're still at the point of account setup.
>>
>> The new OVB based devmode seems to be working fine. If you have access to
>> RDO Cloud, and haven't tried it already, give it a go. It can set up a full
>> master branch based deployment within 2 hours, including any pending changes
>> baked into the under & overcloud.
>>
>> When you have your account info sourced, all it takes is
>>
>> $ ./devmode.sh --ovb
>>
>> from your tripleo-quickstart repo! See here[1] for more info.
>>
>> = Container jobs on nodepool multinode =
>>
>> Gabriele is stuck with these new Quickstart jobs. We would need a deep dive
>> into debugging and using the container based TripleO deployments. Let us
>> know if you can do one!
>
> I've pinged some folks around, let's see if someone volunteers to make it.

I can lead the deep dive as i've been involved in implementation of all
the multinode jobs (deployment, upgrade, scenarios deployment + upgrade).

Currently only the upgrade job is merged and working. Deployment job is
ready to merge (imho :) ), let's get it in place before we do the deep
dive, so that we talk about things that are already working as intended.
However, i think we don't have to block on getting the scenario jobs all
going and polished, those are not all green yet (2/4 deployment jobs
green, 1/4 upgrade jobs green).

I hope that sounds like a sensible plan. Let me know in case you have
any feedback.

Thanks

Jirka