[openstack-dev] [fuxi][kuryr] Where to commit codes for Fuxi-golang

John Griffith john.griffith8 at gmail.com
Fri May 26 03:40:07 UTC 2017

On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 6:25 PM, Zhipeng Huang <zhipengh512 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi John and Zeng,
>
> The OpenSDS community already developed a golang client for the
> os-brick[1], I think we could host the new golang os-brick code there as a
> new repo and after things settled port the code back to OpenStack
>
> [1]https://github.com/opensds/opensds/blob/master/pkg/dock/
> plugins/connector/connector.go
>
> On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 10:47 PM, John Griffith <john.griffith8 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 5:50 AM, zengchen <chenzeng765 at 163.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Very sorry to foget attaching the link for bp of rewriting Fuxi with go
>>> language.
>>> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/fuxi/+spec/convert-to-golang
>>>

>>> At 2017-05-25 19:46:54, "zengchen" <chenzeng765 at 163.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi guys:
>>>     hongbin had committed a bp of rewriting Fuxi with go language[1]. My
>>> question is where to commit codes for it.
>>> We have two choice, 1. create a new repository, 2. create a new branch.
>>> IMO, the first one is much better. Because
>>> there are many differences in the layer of infrastructure, such as CI.
>>> What's your opinion? Thanks very much
>>>
>>> Best Wishes
>>> zengchen

>>> ​Hi Zengchen,
>>
>> For now I was thinking just use Github and PR's outside of the OpenStack
>> projects to bootstrap things and see how far we can get.  I'll update the
>> BP this morning with what I believe to be the key tasks to work through.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> John​

> --
> Zhipeng (Howard) Huang
>
> Standard Engineer
> IT Standard & Patent/IT Product Line
> Huawei Technologies Co,. Ltd
> Email: huangzhipeng at huawei.com
> Office: Huawei Industrial Base, Longgang, Shenzhen
>
> (Previous)
> Research Assistant
> Mobile Ad-Hoc Network Lab, Calit2
> University of California, Irvine
> Email: zhipengh at uci.edu
> Office: Calit2 Building Room 2402
>
> OpenStack, OPNFV, OpenDaylight, OpenCompute Aficionado

> ​I like the idea of the service version of brick, and then the golang
bindings.  There's a lot of good investment already in os-brick that it
would be great to leverage.  Walt and Ivan mentioned that they had a POC
for this a while back, might be worth considering taking the fork
referenced in the BP and submitting that upstream for the community?
 #openstack-cinder IRC channel would be a great place to sync up on these
aspects in real time if folks would like.

Thanks,
John​