[openstack-dev] [OSC][ironic][mogan] Can we share the same keyword 'baremetal'?

Zhenguo Niu niu.zglinux at gmail.com
Thu May 25 08:20:09 UTC 2017

hi all,

I'm from the Mogan team, we chose the same keyward 'baremetal' when
implementing a OSC plugin [1]. As we think the baremetal command is
representative of a baremetal resource, not a service, so it makes sense
for different projects to share the top level resource name that OpenStack
can provide.

The commands we have implemented are listed below, seems there's no
collision with Ironic presently, and Ironic doesn't manage such resources.

* openstack baremetal server <action> <args>
* openstack bareemtal flavor <action> <args>
* openstack baremetal keypair <action> <args>
* openstack baremetal availability zone <action> <args>

So, we'd like to ask if our CLI pattern is allowed before we release the
client.

Thanks in advance!

[1] https://github.com/openstack/python-moganclient

--