[openstack-dev] [ptg] Strawman Queens PTG week slicing

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Wed May 24 15:57:32 UTC 2017

On 05/24/2017 10:13 AM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2017-05-24 08:28:56 -0500 (-0500), Sean McGinnis wrote:
> [...]
>> In ATL the Cinder room was very large, to the point that it was
>> actually a little difficult hearing some people for some of the
>> discussions.
> [...]
>
> Was the room actually full, or were people just failing to properly
> huddle up in one spot so they could hear? The former is probably
> just something that has to be dealt with through other means than
> resizing rooms, but the latter seems perfectly solvable by just
> telling people that if they want to hear they should come where all
> the action is.

It was mostly just due to the layout of the tables, and the really
loud HVAC fans blowing. We did end up moving tables closer together
from their original huge square layout, but we probably could have
shrunk it down even more. It was fine, we just could have probably
gotten by with 1/2 - 2/3 of the room.