[openstack-dev] [Massively distributed] Optimizing the interaction of OpenStack components

Georg Kunz georg.kunz at ericsson.com
Wed May 24 12:16:54 UTC 2017

Hi Ronan,

> First of all, sorry for the late response. I took a one-week vacation after the
> Summit to visit the US.

No problem at all. I hope you had a great time.

> > Nevertheless, one concrete thing which came to my mind, is this
> > proposed improvement of the interaction between Nova and Neutron:
> > https://review.openstack.org/#/c/390513/
> >
> > In a nutshell, the idea is that Neutron adds more information to a
> > port object so that Nova does not need to make multiple calls to
> > Neutron to collect all required networking information. It seems to
> > have stalled for the time being, but bringing forward the edge
> > computing use case might increase the interest again.
>
> Thanks for pointing such amelioration. This is a good use case to start with. It
> should help to understand common patterns in the workflow that can be
> optimized. Let's see if we can implement an analysis with osp-utils that
> automatically highlight such pattern.

Thanks a lot for the links. I'll dig into the tools to get a better understanding and
make up my mind on how a potential analysis might look like.

I unfortunately missed to join yesterday's working group meeting. Just to confirm,
the IRC meetings are every two weeks on Wednesday at 15 UTC. Is that still correct?

Best regards
Georg