[openstack-dev] [devstack] etcd3 enabled breaks s390x arch

Andreas Scheuring scheuran at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed May 24 11:48:50 UTC 2017

Hi together,

recently etcd3 was enabled as service in devstack [1]. This breaks
devstack on s390x Linux, as there are no s390x binaries availabe and
there's no way to disable the etcd3 service.

I pushed a patch to allow disabling the etcd3 service in local.conf [2].
It would be great if we could get that merged soon to get devstack going
again. It seems like that is not used by any of the default services
(nova, neutron, cinder,...) right now.

In the long run I would like to understand the plans of etcd3 in
devstack. Are the plans to make the default services dependent on etcd3
in the future?

Thanks a lot!

Andreas

[1]