[openstack-dev] [ptg] Strawman Queens PTG week slicing

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed May 24 10:10:17 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

In a previous thread[1] I introduced the idea of moving the PTG from a
purely horizontal/vertical week split to a more
inter-project/intra-project activities split, and the initial comments
were positive.

We need to solidify how the week will look like before we open up
registration (first week of June), so that people can plan their
attendance accordingly. Based on the currently-signed-up teams and
projected room availability, I built a strawman proposal of how that
could look:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xmOdT6uZ5XqViActr5sBOaz_mEgjKSCY7NEWcAEcT-A/pubhtml?gid=397241312&single=true

Let me know what you think. If you're scheduled on the Wed-Fri but would
rather be scheduled on Mon-Tue to avoid conflicting with another team,
let me know. If you're scheduled on Wed-Fri but plan to skip the Friday,
let me know as well, I'll update the spreadsheet accordingly.

One of the things you might notice on Mon-Tue is the "helproom" concept.
In the spirit of separating inter-project and intra-project activities,
support teams (Infra, QA, Release Management, Stable branch maintenance,
but also teams that are looking at decentralizing their work like Docs
or Horizon) would have team members in helprooms available to provide
guidance to vertical teams on their specific needs. Some of those teams
(like Infra/QA) could still have a "team meeting" on Wed-Fri to get
stuff done as a team, though.

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-May/116971.html

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)