[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Undercloud backup and restore

Yolanda Robla Mota yroblamo at redhat.com
Wed May 24 08:10:43 UTC 2017

Hi Carlos
A common request that i hear, is that customers need a way to rollback or
downgrade a system after an upgrade. So that will be useful of course. What
about the overcloud, are you considering that possibility? If they find
that an upgrade on a controller node breaks something for example.

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 9:26 AM, Carlos Camacho Gonzalez <
ccamacho at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
> Based on what we discussed yesterday in the TripleO weekly team meeting,
> I'll like to propose a blueprint to create 2 features, basically to backup
> and restore the Undercloud.
>
> I'll like to follow in the first iteration the available docs for this
> purpose [1][2].
>
> With the addition of backing up the config files on /etc/ specifically to
> be able to recover from a failed Undercloud upgrade, i.e. recover the repos
> info removed in [3].
>
> I'll like to target this for P as I think I have enough time for
> coding/testing these features.
>
> I already have created a blueprint to track this effort
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tripleo/+spec/undercloud-backup-restore
>
> What do you think about it?
>
> Thanks,
> Carlos.
>
> [1]: https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_
> enterprise_linux_openstack_platform/7/html/back_up_and_
> restore_red_hat_enterprise_linux_openstack_platform/restore
>
> [2]: https://docs.openstack.org/developer/tripleo-docs/post_
> deployment/backup_restore_undercloud.html
>
> [3]: https://docs.openstack.org/developer/tripleo-docs/
> installation/updating.html

Yolanda Robla Mota

Principal Software Engineer, RHCE