[openstack-dev] [tc] Active or passive role with our database layer

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Wed May 24 00:04:38 UTC 2017

On 05/23/2017 07:07 PM, Boris Pavlovic wrote:
> And how can someone, that is trying to deploy OpenStack, understand/find
> the right config for db? Or it's Ops tasks and community doesn't care
> about them?

Neither. It's the ops responsibility to understand database
configuration fundamentals (since, you know, they are operating a
database...).

It's the dev community's responsibility to document necessary
configuration settings, provide reasonable defaults and advise on
how/when ops should adjust those defaults.

It's a give and take.

Best,
-jay