[openstack-dev] [tc][all] Missing answers on Pike release goals

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue May 23 13:57:53 UTC 2017

On 2017-05-23 05:40:05 -0500 (-0500), Dean Troyer wrote:
> On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 4:59 AM, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org> wrote:
[...]
> > - Is it that the reporting process is too heavy ? (requiring answers
> > from projects that are obviously unaffected)
>
> I've thought about this, OSC was unaffected by one of the goals but
> not the other, so I can't really hide in this bucket.  It really is
> not that hard to put up a review saying "not me".

While not at all an excuse, that was entirely what I chalk my lapse
up to this time. I had already commented on the governance reviews
that I had discussed the proposed goals with the rest of the Infra
team and we'd come to the conclusion that they were either
inapplicable or already met for us. It just escaped my memory that I
needed to go back and reassert that again once the goals were
officially approved.

Also, I still agree that it's hard to figure out which teams
actually are affected without asking them, and that's this step of
the process: confirmation/denial on record.

> > - Is it that people ignore the deadlines and missed the reminders ?
> > (some unaffected project teams also do not do releases, and therefore
> > ignore the release countdown emails)
[...]

Not so much ignore but because so little of the content is directly
applicable to Infra I read them in the context of things we should
be on the lookout for other teams working on, so I'm not in the
mindset of expecting to actually find an action item in there. This
is just a matter of retraining myself on what to look for in those
announcements in the future.
--
Jeremy Stanley