[openstack-dev] [Forum] Boston recap: skip-level upgrading session
mizuno.shintaro at lab.ntt.co.jp
Tue May 23 03:00:58 UTC 2017
I want to recap the Boston Forum session "Skip-level upgrading - jumping
ahead to catch up" which I and Andy co-moderated.
We had a good number of attendees from both operators and developers in
the room and had positive discussion.
We agreed to bring this topic on dev ML for further discussion, so all
feedback, comment are appreciated.
Here are some of the points from the session.
See etherpad  for details.
- Most of the ops in the room who did OpenStack upgrade did N-m to N
(where m>=2, N:latest release)
- Variations of skip-level upgrade experiences was shared and the
requirements for community support of skip-level upgrade was pointed out.
- There were some level of consensus among the Ops in the room that API
downtime during the maintenance window is acceptable. Having instances
running during the upgrade is critical for operators.
- There were proposal from Dev that they can try to have better
description on N-2 to N upgrade impact in release notes (per project).
- All agreed to bring this proposal to dev-ML for further discussion.
NTT Software Innovation Center
E-mail: mizuno.shintaro at lab.ntt.co.jp
shintaro1018 at gmail.com
More information about the OpenStack-dev