[openstack-dev] [Openstack-dev][Tacker] Not able to run user_data commands on my instance

yanxingan yanxingan at cmss.chinamobile.com
Tue May 23 02:37:16 UTC 2017

Hi, Vishnu,

   Openwrt mgmt driver is different with user_data shell cmd.

   User_data shell cmds are injected into vm instance during vm's boot
stage (cloud-init script), via metadata service. Cloud-init script is
required in image.

   While mgmt_driver is used to configure vm after booting success.
Openwrt mgmt driver using ssh to configure vm, which is only used for
openwrt image, can not used for cirros or ubuntu image.

   User_data can be used for any images, if the image has cloud-init script.

To locate this issue, you can execute this cmd in vm:
$ curl http://169.254.169.254/
And check cloud-init is installed in vm.