[openstack-dev] [Ironic] Regarding where to host Redfish vendor extensions code for Ironic
stendulker at gmail.com
Mon May 22 18:18:31 UTC 2017
This is wrt discussion we had about where to host the Redfish vendor
vendor extensions. Should it be sub-module within sushy-tree or
separate vendor project(s).
The following were the opinions:-
In favor of Sushy sub-module:-
1. People see "vendor specific" repo's as owned by the vendor and it
puts of contributors that aren't the vendor but happen to have that
vendors hardware leading to low-contribution rate
2. Lot of code duplication across vendor libs as extensions could be similar.
3. Code leverage would be easier.
In favor of separate vendor project(s):-
1. Each vendor has their own unique hardware or firmware features
enabled through extensions
2. Number of extensions could be large.
3. Ironic cores may find it tedious to review vendor extensions and
also add into their pile of work
4. It gives flexibility to individual vendor to own and maintain its
Detailed discussion :
Please let us know your opinion/comments on the same.
Thanks and Regards
More information about the OpenStack-dev