[openstack-dev] [qa] Create subnetpool on dynamic credentials

Andrea Frittoli andrea.frittoli at gmail.com
Mon May 22 13:22:46 UTC 2017

Hi Hongbin,

If several of your test cases require a subnet pool, I think the simplest
solution would be creating one in the resource creation step of the tests.
As I understand it, subnet pools can be created by regular projects (they
do not require admin credentials).

The main advantage that I can think of for having subnet pools provisioned
as part of the credential provider code is that - in case of
pre-provisioned credentials - the subnet pool would be created and delete
once per test user as opposed to once per test class.

That said I'm not opposed to the proposal in general, but if possible I
would prefer to avoid adding complexity to an already complex part of the
code.

andrea