[openstack-dev] [Openstack-dev][Tacker] Not able to run user_data commands on my instance

Vishnu Pajjuri vishnu.socialac at gmail.com
Mon May 22 12:08:13 UTC 2017

 Hi,

   I'm have installed openstack with tacker by devstack.

I'm able to run OpenWRT vnf and able to configure the firewall service with
openwrt management driver.

And also able to run shell commands in cirros image which is also using
openwrt management driver.

Now I have created one ubuntu image, and able to launch through tacker.

In this instance i want run some shell commands through tacker's user_data
feature.

But no commands are executing.

Is it possible to run commands on custom images unlike cirros/openwrt?

If yes kindly share the procedure to create proper ubuntu image.

Below is tosca configd file

    tosca_definitions_version: tosca_simple_profile_for_nfv_1_0_0

    metadata:
      template_name: sample-vnfd-userdata

    topology_template:
      node_templates:
        VDU1:
          type: tosca.nodes.nfv.VDU.Tacker
          capabilities:
            nfv_compute:
              properties:
                num_cpus: 1
                mem_size: 1024 MB
                disk_size: 1 GB
          properties:
            image: ubuntu-image
            config: |
              param0: key1
              param1: key2
            mgmt_driver: openwrt
            config_drive: true
            user_data_format: RAW
            user_data: |
              #!/bin/sh
              echo "my hostname is `hostname`" > /tmp/hostname
              date > /tmp/date
              ifconfig > /tmp/ifconfig
              df -h > /tmp/diskinfo
        CP1: