[openstack-dev] Is the pendulum swinging on PaaS layers?

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Fri May 19 21:05:50 UTC 2017

On 5/19/2017 1:04 PM, Sean Dague wrote:
> Anyway, this gets pretty meta pretty fast. I agree with Zane saying "I
> want my server to build", or "I'd like Nova to build a volume for me"
> are very odd things to call PaaS. I think of PaaS as "here is a ruby on
> rails app, provision me a db for it, and make it go". Heroku style.

Yeah as soon as I sent the original email I realized that I was munging
PaaS and orchestration services/libraries and probably shouldn't have,
that wasn't my intent. I just tend to lump them together in my head. My
point was trying to see if I'm missing a change in people's opinions
about really wanting Nova to be doing more orchestration than we expect.

Matt