[openstack-dev] [nova] Boston Forum session recap - claims in the scheduler (or conductor)

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Fri May 19 13:14:25 UTC 2017

On Thu, 18 May 2017, Matt Riedemann wrote:

> We didn't really get into this during the forum session, but there are
> different opinions within the nova dev team on how to do claims in the
> controller services (conductor vs scheduler). Sylvain Bauza has a series
> which uses the conductor service, and Ed Leafe has a series using the
> scheduler. More on that in the mailing list [3].

Since we've got multiple threads going on this topic, I put some
of my concerns in a comment on one of Ed's reviews:

     https://review.openstack.org/#/c/465171/3//COMMIT_MSG@30

It's a bit left fieldy but tries to ask about some of the long term
concerns we may need to be thinking about here, with regard to other
services using placement and maybe them needing a
scheduler-like-thing too (because placement cannot do everything).

--
Chris Dent                  ┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)       https://anticdent.org/