[openstack-dev] Is the pendulum swinging on PaaS layers?

Duncan Thomas duncan.thomas at gmail.com
Fri May 19 12:59:14 UTC 2017

On 19 May 2017 at 12:24, Sean Dague <sean at dague.net> wrote:

> I do get the concerns of extra logic in Nova, but the decision to break
> up the working compute with network and storage problem space across 3
> services and APIs doesn't mean we shouldn't still make it easy to
> express some pretty basic and common intents.

Given that we've similar needs for retries and race avoidance in and
between glance, nova, cinder and neutron, and a need or orchestrate
between at least these three (arguably other infrastructure projects
too, I'm not trying to get into specifics), maybe the answer is to put
that logic in a new service, that talks to those four, and provides a
nice simple API, while allowing the cinder, nova etc APIs to remove
things like internal retries?

--
Duncan Thomas