[openstack-dev] [oslo] Can we stop global requirements update?

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Thu May 18 18:37:47 UTC 2017

On Thu, May 18 2017, Mike Bayer wrote:

> I'm not understanding this?  do you mean this?

In the long run, yes. Unfortunately, we're not happy with the way Oslo
libraries are managed and too OpenStack centric. I've tried for the last
couple of years to move things on, but it's barely possible to deprecate
anything and contribute, so I feel it's safer to start fresh and better
alternative. Cotyledon by Mehdi is a good example of what can be
achieved.

Though to comment on your example, oslo.db is probably the most useful
Oslo library that Gnocchi depends on and that won't go away in a snap.
:-(

--
Julien Danjou
/* Free Software hacker