[openstack-dev] [Heat] Heat template example repository

Mehdi Abaakouk sileht at sileht.net
Thu May 18 13:02:39 UTC 2017

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 11:26:41AM +0200, Lance Haig wrote:

>>This is not only an Aodh/Ceilometer alarm issue. I can confirm that
>>whatever the resource prefix, this works well.
>>
>>But an alarm description also contains a query an external API to
>>retrieve statistics. Aodh alarms are currently able to
>>query the deprecated Ceilometer-API and the Gnocchi-API. Creating alarms
>>that query the deprecated Ceilometer-API is obviously deprecated too.
>>
>>Unfortunately, I have seen that all templates still use the deprecated
>>Ceilometer-API. Since Ocata, this API don't even run by default.
>>
>>I just propose an update for one template as example here:
>>
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/465817/
>>
>>I can't really do the others, I don't have enough knowledge in
>>Mistral/Senlin/Openshift.
>One of the challenges we have is that we have users who are on
>different versions of heat and so if we change the examples to
>accommodate the new features then we effectively block them from being
>able to use these or learn from them.

I think, it's too late to use term 'new feature' for
Aodh/Telemetry/Gnocchi. It's not new anymore, but current. The current
templates just doesn't work since at least 3 cycles... And the repo
still doesn't have templates that use the current supported APIs.

How many previous version do you want to support in this repos ? I doubt it's
more of 2-3 cycles, you may just fixes all autoscaling/autohealing templates
today.

--
Mehdi Abaakouk
mail: sileht at sileht.net