[openstack-dev] [nova] Multiple default routes in instance

Mathieu Gagné mgagne at calavera.ca
Wed May 17 14:03:35 UTC 2017

Hi,

When you attach multiple networks/interfaces to an instance and at
least 2 subnets have a default route, you end up with 2 default routes
in network_data.json.

If cloud-init or any other in-guest agent is used to configure the
network, you could end up with 2 default routes and to an extend, with
non-working networking. (like we found out recently)

How should we handle this situation where you could end up with 2
subnets, each having a default route?

* Should Nova decide which default route to expose to the instance?
* Should the in-guest agent pick one?

I'm looking for opinions and advises on how to fix this issue.

Thanks

--
Mathieu