[openstack-dev] [magnum] after create cluster for kubernetes, kubect create command was failed.

KiYoun Sung kysung at devstack.co.kr
Wed May 17 04:25:40 UTC 2017

Hello,
Magnum team.

I Installed Openstack newton and magnum.
I installed Magnum by source(master branch).

I have two questions.

1.
After installation,
I created kubernetes cluster and it's CREATE_COMPLETE,
and I want to create kubernetes pod.

My create script is below.
apiVersion: v1
kind: Pod
metadata:
  name: nginx
  labels:
    app: nginx
spec:
  containers:
  - name: nginx
    image: nginx
    ports:
    - containerPort: 80

I tried "kubectl create -f nginx.yaml"
But, error has occured.

Error message is below.
error validating "pod-nginx-with-label.yaml": error validating data:
unexpected type: object; if you choose to ignore these errors, turn
validation off with --validate=false

Why did this error occur?

2.
I want to access this kubernetes cluster service(like nginx) above the
Openstack magnum environment from outside world.

I refer to this guide(
https://docs.openstack.org/developer/magnum/dev/kubernetes-load-balancer.html#how-it-works),
but it didn't work.

Openstack: newton