[openstack-dev] [tc][all] Do we need a #openstack-tc IRC channel

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Tue May 16 15:32:46 UTC 2017

Excerpts from Sean McGinnis's message of 2017-05-16 10:17:35 -0500:
> On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 09:38:34AM -0400, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> > Folks,
> >
> > See $TITLE :)
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Dims
> >

> My preference would be to have an #openstack-tc channel.
>
> One thing I like about the dedicated meeting time was if I was not able to
> attend, or when I was just a casual observer, it was easy to catch up on
> what was discussed because it was all in one place and did not have any
> non TC conversations interlaced.
>
> If we just use -dev, there is a high chance there will be a lot of cross-
> talk during discussions. There would also be a lot of effort to grep
> through the full day of activity to find things relevant to TC
> discussions. If we have a dedicated channel for this, it makes it very
> easy for anyone to know where to go to get a clean, easy to read capture
> of all relevant discussions. I think that will be important with the
> lack of a captured and summarized meeting to look at.
>
> Sean

I definitely understand this desire. I think, though, that any
significant conversations should be made discoverable via an email
thread summarizing them. That honors the spirit of moving our
"decision making" to asynchronous communication tools.

Doug