[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Issue while applying customs configuration to overcloud.

Dnyaneshwar Pawar Dnyaneshwar.Pawar at veritas.com
Tue May 16 15:19:16 UTC 2017

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply.

    Out of interest, where did you find OS::TripleO::ControllerServer, do we
    have a mistake in our docs somewhere?

I referred below template.
https://github.com/openstack/tripleo-heat-templates/blob/master/puppet/controller-role.yaml
----
resources:

  Controller:
    type: OS::TripleO::ControllerServer
    metadata:
      os-collect-config:
----

OS::Heat::SoftwareDeployment is referred instead of OS::Heat::SoftwareDeployments at following places.

1. https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_openstack_platform/11/pdf/partner_integration/Red_Hat_OpenStack_Platform-11-Partner_Integration-en-US.pdf
       Section 2.1.4. TripleO and TripleO Heat Templates (page #13 in pdf)
       Section 5.4. CUSTOMIZING CONFIGURATION BEFORE OVERCLOUD CONFIGURATION (Page #32 in pdf)
2. http://hardysteven.blogspot.in/2015/05/heat-softwareconfig-resources.html
       Section: Heat SoftwareConfig resources
       Section: SoftwareDeployment HOT template definition
3. http://hardysteven.blogspot.in/2015/05/tripleo-heat-templates-part-2-node.html
Section: Initial deployment flow, step by step

Thanks and Regards,
Dnyaneshwar

On 5/16/17, 4:40 PM, "Steven Hardy" <shardy at redhat.com> wrote:

    On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 04:33:33AM +0000, Dnyaneshwar Pawar wrote:
    > Hi TripleO team,
    >
    > I am trying to apply custom configuration to an existing overcloud. (using openstack overcloud deploy command)
    > Though there is no error, the configuration is in not applied to overcloud.
    > Am I missing anything here?
    > http://paste.openstack.org/show/609619/

    In your paste you have the resource_registry like this:

    OS::TripleO::ControllerServer: /home/stack/test/heat3_ocata.yaml

    The problem is OS::TripleO::ControllerServer isn't a resource type we use,
    e.g it's not a valid hook to enable additional node configuration.

    Instead try something like this:

    OS::TripleO::NodeExtraConfigPost: /home/stack/test/heat3_ocata.yaml

    Which will run the script on all nodes, as documented here:

    https://docs.openstack.org/developer/tripleo-docs/advanced_deployment/extra_config.html

    Out of interest, where did you find OS::TripleO::ControllerServer, do we
    have a mistake in our docs somewhere?

    Also in your template the type: OS::Heat::SoftwareDeployment should be
    either type: OS::Heat::SoftwareDeployments (as in the docs) or type:
    OS::Heat::SoftwareDeploymentGroup (the newer name for SoftwareDeployments,
    we should switch the docs to that..).

    Hope that helps!

    --
    Steve Hardy