[openstack-dev] [tc][all] Do we need a #openstack-tc IRC channel

Michał Jastrzębski inc007 at gmail.com
Tue May 16 15:00:24 UTC 2017

On 16 May 2017 at 07:49, Sean Dague <sean at dague.net> wrote:
> On 05/16/2017 09:38 AM, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
>> Folks,
>>
>> See $TITLE :)
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Dims
>
> I'd rather avoid #openstack-tc and just use #openstack-dev.
> #openstack-dev is pretty low used environment (compared to like
> #openstack-infra or #openstack-nova). I've personally been trying to
> make it my go to way to hit up members of other teams whenever instead
> of diving into project specific channels, because typically it means we
> can get a broader conversation around the item in question.
>
> Our fragmentation of shared understanding on many issues is definitely
> exacerbated by many project channels, and the assumption that people
> need to watch 20+ different channels, with different context, to stay up
> on things.
>
> I would love us to have the problem that too many interesting topics are
> being discussed in #openstack-dev that we feel the need to parallelize
> them with a different channel. But I would say we should wait until
> that's actually a problem.
>
>         -Sean

I, on the flip side, would be all for #openstack-tc. First,
#openstack-dev is not obvious to look for TC members, #openstack-tc
would be channel to talk about tc related stuff, which in large
portion would be something significant and worth coming back to, so
having this "filtered" field just for cross-community discussions
would make digging through logs much easier.