[openstack-dev] [vitrage] [nova] VM Heartbeat / Healthcheck Monitoring

Waines, Greg Greg.Waines at windriver.com
Tue May 16 13:36:45 UTC 2017

Sam,

Two other more higher-level points I wanted to discuss with you about Masaraki.

First,
so I notice that you are doing both monitoring, auto-recovery and even host maintenance
type functionality as part of the Masaraki architecture.

are you open to some configurability (enabling/disabling) of these capabilities ?

e.g. OPNFV guys would NOT want auto-recovery, they would prefer that fault events
                      get reported to Vitrage ... and eventually filter up to Aodh Alarms that get
                      received by VNFManagers which would be responsible for the recovery.

e.g. some deployers of openstack might want to disable parts or all of your monitoring,
         if using other mechanisms such as Zabbix or Nagios for the host monitoring (say)

Second,
are you open to configurably having fault events reported to Vitrage ?

Greg.