[openstack-dev] [tc][infra][release][security][stable][kolla][loci][tripleo][docker][kubernetes] do we want to be publishing binary container images?

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Tue May 16 04:22:46 UTC 2017

Flavio,

Forgive the top post – outlook ftw.

I understand the concerns raised in this thread.  It is unclear if this thread is the feeling of two TC members or enough TC members care deeply about this issue to permanently limit OpenStack big tent projects’ ability to generate container images in various external artifact storage systems.  The point of discussion I see effectively raised in this thread is “OpenStack infra will not push images to dockerhub”.

I’d like clarification if this is a ruling from the TC, or simply an exploratory discussion.

If it is exploratory, it is prudent that OpenStack projects not be blocked by debate on this issue until the TC has made such ruling as to banning the creation of container images via OpenStack infrastructure.

Regards
-steve