[openstack-dev] [tempest] Jenkins verification failures with stable release gates

Andrea Frittoli andrea.frittoli at gmail.com
Mon May 15 15:12:16 UTC 2017

On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 2:51 PM Hemanth N <mail2hemanth.n at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have written new Tempest functional test cases for Identity OAUTH API.
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/463240/
>

> This patch have dependency on a keystone fix that is still under
> review and I have mentioned this patch as Depends-On for above one.
> (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/464577/)
>
> The gates with stable releases are failing but on master it is successful
> gate-tempest-dsvm-neutron-full-ubuntu-xenial-ocata
> gate-tempest-dsvm-neutron-full-ubuntu-xenial-newton
>
> I am assuming the stable releases will cherry-pick the Depends-On
> patches and then builds/verifies the environment.
> Is my understanding correct?

Your change is for keystone master, and it won't be automatically
cherry-picked.

> If not, how should I proceed in such scenarios.

Your change make it possible to use the oath API in deployments where TLS
is terminated in front of the API server. I would use a feature flag on
Tempest side
to indicate whether this keystone feature is available. Default to false,
 set to true in Pike
in devstack, skip the tests if the feature is not available.

Even if your change was back ported, merging this would immediately enforce
the new behaviour on all Netwton+ clouds, to I think having a feature flag
would be
useful anyways.

andrea