[openstack-dev] [tripleo][ui] another i18n proposal for heat templates 'description' help strings

Peng Wu peng.e.wu at gmail.com
Mon May 15 06:22:02 UTC 2017

On Wed, 2017-05-10 at 14:05 +0200, Jiri Tomasek wrote:
> I am probably a bit late to the discussion, but I think we're
> missing
> quite important thing and that is the fact that TripleO UI is
> supposed
> to use various plans (template sets) not strictly tripleo-heat-
> templates
> repository contents. Tripleo-heat-templates repository is just a
> default
> plan, but user can provide own changed files to the plan. Or create
> new
> plan which is very different from what default tripleo-heat-
> templates
> repository holds.
>
> Also I am quite scared of keeping the GUI-specific file in sync with
> tripleo-heat-templates contents.
>
> IMHO a proper solution is introducing translations as part of
> tripleo-heat-templates repository - template files hold the keys and
> translations are held in a separate files in THT.
>
> -- Jirka

Right, will consider to load the translations directly from
tripleo-heat-templates repository.

Maybe the generated javascript file still keep in THT,
and translated in THT.

Maybe we can name translations files in some hard-code file names
or in some config file, then load dynamically in tripleo-ui.

Regards,
  Peng