[openstack-dev] [all][keystone][product] api keys/application specific passwords

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Sun May 14 16:59:34 UTC 2017

On 05/11/2017 02:32 PM, Lance Bragstad wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> One of the Baremetal/VM sessions at the summit focused on what we need
> to do to make OpenStack more consumable for application developers [0].
> As a group we recognized the need for application specific passwords or
> API keys and nearly everyone (above 85% is my best guess) in the session
> thought it was an important thing to pursue. The API
> key/application-specific password specification is up for review [1].
>
> The problem is that with all the recent churn in the keystone project,
> we don't really have the capacity to commit to this for the cycle. As a
> project, we're still working through what we've committed to for Pike
> before the OSIC fallout. It was suggested that we reach out to the PWG
> to see if this is something we can get some help on from a keystone
> development perspective. Let's use this thread to see if there is anyway
> we can better enable the community through API keys/application-specific
> passwords by seeing if anyone can contribute resources to this effort.

In the session, I signed up to help get the spec across the finish line.
I'm also going to do my best to write up something resembling a user
story so that we're all on the same page about what this is, what it
isn't and what comes next.

I probably will not have the time to actually implement the code - but
if the PWG can help us get resources allocated to this I'll be happy to
help them.