[openstack-dev] How can we use Orchestration service efficiently

Amit Uniyal auniyal61 at gmail.com
Sun May 14 12:18:10 UTC 2017

`Hi all,

I guess I understood how heat create works. and also the meaning of options
[ suspend, resume, check stack, change stack template ].

So now whole stack is a single object.

I am trying to use os_client_config to create heat stack as:

*heat = os_client_config.make_client('orchestration')*

now heat object has a function create_stack(**kwargs)

I tried to use it as:

template = {

'description': 'network and instances',
 'heat_template_version': '2015-10-15',
 'resources': {'net-a': {'properties': {'name': 'network-a'},
   'type': 'OS::Neutron::Net'}}

}

*stack = heat.stacks.create(**template)*

it throws error as  ERROR: No stack name specified

so I added new key as *template.update({'stack_name': 'stack-a'})*

and this time I got error as ERROR: No template specified

what would be the proper procedure to launch stack by os_client_config.

Regards