[openstack-dev] [tripleo][ci] Upgrade CI job for O->P (containerization)

Jiří Stránský jistr at redhat.com
Fri May 12 14:39:07 UTC 2017

On 12.5.2017 15:30, Emilien Macchi wrote:
> On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 9:26 AM, Jiří Stránský <jistr at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> the upgrade job which tests Ocata -> Pike/master upgrade (from bare-metal to
>> containers) just got a green flag from the CI [1].
>>
>> I've listed the remaining patches we need to land at the very top of the
>> container CI etherpad [2], please let's get them reviewed and landed as soon
>> as we can. The sooner we get the job going, the fewer upgrade regressions
>> will get merged in the meantime (e.g. we have one from last week).
>>
>> The CI job utilizes mixed release deployment (master undercloud, overcloud
>> deployed as Ocata and upgraded to latest). It tests the main overcloud
>> upgrade phase (no separate compute role upgrades, no converge phase). This
>> means the testing isn't exhaustive to the full expected "production
>> scenario", but it covers the most important part where we're likely to see
>> the most churn and potential breakages. We'll see how much spare wall time
>> we have to add more things once we get the job to run on patches regularly.
>
> The job you and the team made to make that happen is amazing and outstanding.

Thanks! I should mention i've utilized quite a lot of pre-existing
upgrades skeleton code in OOOQ that i think mainly Mathieu Bultel put
together.

> Once the jobs are considered stable, I would move them to the gate so
> we don't break it. Wdyt?

Yes absolutely, i'd start with non-voting as usual first.

We still need reviews on the patches to move forward (4 patches
remaining), so when you (plural :) ) have some bandwidth, please take a
look:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/462664/ -
multinode-container-upgrade.yaml usable for mixed upgrade

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/459789/ - TripleO CI mixed release
master UC / ocata OC

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/462172/  - Don't overwrite tht_dir for
upgrades to master