[openstack-dev] [ironic] [tripleo] demo: node auto-discovery with one power button click

Stig Telfer stig.openstack at telfer.org
Fri May 12 14:07:21 UTC 2017

Hi Dmitry -

> On 11 May 2017, at 15:56, Dmitry Tantsur <dtantsur at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all!
>
> While people are enjoying the Forum, I also have something to show.
>
> I've got a lot of questions about auto-discovery, so I've recorded a demo
> of it using TripleO Ocata: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJkDxxjL3NQ.
>
> Please let me know what you think!
>
> Dmitry

Thanks for doing this, much appreciated.  If anyone’s interested, we’ve been using this neat capability on bare metal deployments to good effect.

We hit some knock-on consequences as a result of not wasting tedious hours manually commissioning our BMCs.  Fiddly stuff, like how to automate assigning BMC config after inspection, when BMCs come out of the factory all assigned the same default IP...

My colleague Mark and I wrote up our experience and solutions here:

http://www.stackhpc.com/ironic-idrac-ztp.html <http://www.stackhpc.com/ironic-idrac-ztp.html>

Share and enjoy,
Stig