[openstack-dev] [networking-sfc] Load distribution bug with OVS driver

Bernard Cafarelli bcafarel at redhat.com
Fri May 12 11:33:18 UTC 2017

Hi,

this is a follow-up/summary of launchpad bug 1675289 [0].

>From the original spec [1], with the OVS driver we should have groups
witt the "hash" selection method, and for parameters source
IP/port/protocol

However this requires OpenFlow 1.5, so we actually have default
selection method and no parameters customization. Selection is done on
both source and destination [2], so in our case close to the
"theorical" parameters.

Additionally we can set "lb_fields" via API, but they are not currenly
used in the driver. These also sound quite OVS-specific, not sure how
other drivers handle it.

Anyway, I outlined the possible change to fix this properly in the bug
(if I got everything correctly).

Feedback and comments welcome!

[0] https://bugs.launchpad.net/networking-sfc/+bug/1675289
[1] https://github.com/openstack/networking-sfc/blob/master/doc/source/ovs_driver_and_agent_workflow.rst#group-table-flows