[openstack-dev] [tripleo][ci] Upgrade CI job for O->P (containerization)

Jiří Stránský jistr at redhat.com
Wed May 10 13:26:54 UTC 2017

Hi all,

the upgrade job which tests Ocata -> Pike/master upgrade (from
bare-metal to containers) just got a green flag from the CI [1].

I've listed the remaining patches we need to land at the very top of the
container CI etherpad [2], please let's get them reviewed and landed as
soon as we can. The sooner we get the job going, the fewer upgrade
regressions will get merged in the meantime (e.g. we have one from last
week).

The CI job utilizes mixed release deployment (master undercloud,
overcloud deployed as Ocata and upgraded to latest). It tests the main
overcloud upgrade phase (no separate compute role upgrades, no converge
phase). This means the testing isn't exhaustive to the full expected
"production scenario", but it covers the most important part where we're
likely to see the most churn and potential breakages. We'll see how much
spare wall time we have to add more things once we get the job to run on
patches regularly.

Thanks and have a good day!

Jirka

[1]