[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer]

simona marinova simona_marinova at hotmail.com
Tue May 9 14:08:24 UTC 2017

Hello,

I am working on an Openstack Newton platform and I am currently trying to implement the Telemetry services, Ceilometer and Aodh.

I installed and configured Aodh with MySQL first and it worked. Afterwards, I installed Ceilometer following the latest update which includes MongoDB, unlike the previous version with Gnocchi.

Ceilometer now works, but only the commands which do not include Aodh give the correct output, for example "ceilometer meter-list", "ceilometer resource-list" etc.

 The Alarming service doesn't work at this point. For example the command "ceilometer alarm-list" gives the error:

HTTPConnectionPool(host='controller', port=8042): Max retries exceeded with url: /v2/alarms (Caused by NewConnectionError('<requests.packages.urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x7f1f51b90350>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 111] Connection refused',))

Now my biggest concern is that the Alarming service database (MySQL-based) and the Data collection service database (MongoDB) are not communicating properly. Is it possible for the Aodh to access the data from MongoDB?

Additionally aodh-dbsync gives error, because it cannot detect the module gnocchiclient. There aren't gnocchi modules involved in this version.

What kind of configuration needs to be done in order for Telemetry and Alarming to work properly?

Best regards,
Simona