[openstack-dev] [tc] [all] OpenStack moving both too fast and too slow at the same time

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Tue May 9 02:59:19 UTC 2017

On 5/8/2017 1:24 PM, Octave J. Orgeron wrote:
> Now for Oracle, we definitely need more 3rd party CI to make it easier
> to test our drivers, components, and patches against so that it's easier
> for the community to validate things. However, it takes time, resources,
> and money to make that happen. Hopefully that will get sorted out over
> time. But even if we make all of the investments in setting that up, we
> still need the upstream teams to come to the table and not shun us away
> just because we are Oracle :)

I'd recommend talking with Drew Thorstensen and the IBM PowerVM team.
They persistently worked with the nova team over a few cycles to finally
get to the point where we agreed to bring their driver in tree, but not
before we knew they already had open-sourced their nova driver code (the
driver code, not the hypervisor code) and were running 3rd party CI
against it successfully. But they are really the example now for anyone
trying to get new virt drivers into Nova.

Matt