[openstack-dev] [tc] [all] OpenStack moving both too fast and too slow at the same time

Michael Glasgow michael.glasgow at oracle.com
Fri May 5 22:42:21 UTC 2017

On 5/4/2017 10:08 AM, Alex Schultz wrote:
> On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 5:32 AM, Chris Dent <cdent+os at anticdent.org> wrote:
>> I know you're not speaking as the voice of your employer when making
>> this message, so this is not directed at you, but from what I can
>> tell Oracle's presense upstream (both reviews and commits) in Ocata
>> and thus far in Pike has not been huge.
>
> Probably because they are still on Kilo.

I don't want to stray off topic, but it seems worth clarifying that
Oracle OpenStack for Oracle Linux 3.0 is based on Mitaka.

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/server-storage/openstack/linux/downloads/index.html

Our messaging tends to get confused because we (Oracle) publish separate
OpenStack distributions for Solaris and Linux.  They are distinct
products built and supported by different teams on their own schedules.
It would be less confusing to the community and to customers if those
efforts were coordinated or even consolidated, but so far that has not
been possible.

--
Michael Glasgow