[openstack-dev] [all][ptl][goals] Community goals for Queen

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Fri May 5 21:09:52 UTC 2017

On 5/5/2017 10:47 AM, Mike Perez wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> May 11th at 11:00-12:30 at the forum we will be discussing our community wide
> goals for the Queen release [1]!
>
> We do OpenStack-wide goals to "achieve visible common changes, push for basic
> levels of consistency and user experience, and efficiently improve certain
> areas where technical debt payments have become too high – across all OpenStack
> projects" [2].
>
> Our goals backlog: [3]
>
> * New goals are highly welcome.
> * Each goal would achieveable in one cycle, if not we need to break the goal
>   into smaller connected goals.
> * Some Goals already have a team (ex: Python 3) but some haven't.  Maybe could
>   we dress a list of people able to step-up and volunteer to help on these
>   ones.
> * Some Goals might require some documentation for how to achieve it.
>
> Thanks to Emilien for leading our community wide goals for Pike [4]
>
> * There was an overwhelming amount of support for beginning Python 3.5 support
>   [5] by having our unit tests voting.
> * Unfortunately getting our API endpoints to support WSGI still has some work
>   [6].
>
> Lets start adding/updating what's in our backlog [3] to prepare for the forum
> next week!
>
> [1] - https://governance.openstack.org/tc/goals/pike/index.html
> [2] - https://governance.openstack.org/tc/goals/pike/index.html
> [3] - https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/community-goals
> [4] - https://governance.openstack.org/tc/goals/pike/index.html

This time is tough given how front-loaded the sessions are at the Forum
on Monday. The Nova onboarding session overlaps with this, along with
some other sessions that impact or are related to Nova. It would have
been nice to do stuff like this toward the end of the week, but I
realize scheduling is a nightmare and not everyone can be pleased, and
that ship has sailed. So I don't think I can be there, but I assume
anything that comes out of it will be proposed to the governance repo or
recapped in the mailing list afterward so we can discuss there.

Matt