[openstack-dev] [all][api] POST /api-wg/news
cdent+os at anticdent.org
Thu May 4 17:06:58 UTC 2017
Greetings OpenStack community,
Small group today, mostly edleafe and I (cdent) speaking to one another, with the ghostly presence of dtantsur lurking nearby. Main action today is that we finally merged the Interoperability Guideline (links below). It took months of sometimes heated discussion to reach a consensus, but we have one now. The other big change in play is a series related to version discovery and effective use of service types.
elmiko and I will be at summit, hosting an API-WG BOF session . Please attend if you have the time and interest.
There will be no API-WG meeting 11th of May. We'll return to normal business on the 18th.
# Newly Published Guidelines
* Create a set of api interoperability guidelines from https://review.openstack.org/#/c/421846/ to be published at http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/api-wg/guidelines/api_interoperability.html eventually.
# API Guidelines Proposed for Freeze
Guidelines that are ready for wider review by the whole community.
None at this time but please check out the review below.
# Guidelines Currently Under Review 
* Microversions: add next_min_version field in version body
* A suite of five documents about version discovery.
Start at https://review.openstack.org/#/c/459405/
* Support for historical service type aliases
* WIP: microversion architecture archival doc (very early; not yet ready for review)
# Highlighting your API impacting issues
If you seek further review and insight from the API WG, please address your concerns in an email to the OpenStack developer mailing list with the tag "[api]" in the subject. In your email, you should include any relevant reviews, links, and comments to help guide the discussion of the specific challenge you are facing.
To learn more about the API WG mission and the work we do, see OpenStack API Working Group .
Thanks for reading and see you next week!
Past Meeting Records
Chris Dent ┬──┬◡ﾉ(° -°ﾉ) https://anticdent.org/
freenode: cdent tw: @anticdent
More information about the OpenStack-dev