[openstack-dev] VMware Voting CI

Tracy Jones tjones at vmware.com
Wed May 3 22:34:05 UTC 2017

Hi Sean – this was done in error and we have just fixed it.  Sorry for the confusion.

Tracy

Begin forwarded message:
From: Sean McGinnis <sean.mcginnis at gmx.com<mailto:sean.mcginnis at gmx.com>>
Subject: [openstack-dev] VMware Voting CI
Date: May 3, 2017 at 7:06:55 AM PDT
To: <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>>
Hey everyone,
I'm looking for some background on the VMware NSX CI. Specifically,
why this CI is enabled for voting.
We had discussed whether to have "stable" CI's vote in the Cinder
project a while back, and other than potentially some benefit in
doing scripted reporting, we couldn't really think of a good
reason to have third party CI voting.
This CI account, however, appears to be used for multiple projects.
I think it got voting rights via a different project. I'm just
wondering if there is still a valid reason for that.
I think this has come up before, and to be clear, it does not block
anything when there ends up a -1 from this CI. The issue I have
with it is when looking in a summary list of patches, even if Jenkins
has voted +1, if the VMware NSX CI has failed, it ends up with a big
ol' red -1 in the Verified column, making it look like there is an
issue with the patch. Which likely means unless someone is
specifically interested in that patch, they will see the red -1 and
move on.
Does anyone have the background as to why this CI has voting rights,
and whether it should still have them?
Thanks,
Sean (smcginnis)