[openstack-dev] [tc] [all] TC Report 18

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed May 3 17:23:11 UTC 2017

On 05/03/2017 01:02 PM, Doug Hellmann wrote:
> Excerpts from Thierry Carrez's message of 2017-05-03 18:16:29 +0200:
>> Ed Leafe wrote:

>>> Simple: *start* the meeting with Open Discussion.
>>
>> I don't really see how that would solve the agenda problem.
>>
>> I think it's better for everyone if people post topics they want to
>> discuss in advance. Europeans who want to attend need to stay up late,
>> People in the APAC zone need to get up very early. Knowing up-front what
>> will be discussed might (might) give people in those zones the extra
>> incentive they need to attend.
>>

> Knowing what will be discussed in advanced also helps everyone collect
> their thoughts and be ready to contribute.

What about ensuring that every agenda topic is more than a line, but
includes a full paragraph about what the agenda topic proposer expects
it will cover. A lot of times the agenda items are cryptic enough unless
you are knee deep in things.

That would help people collect their thoughts even more and break away
from the few minutes of delay in introducing the subject (the
introduction of the subject would be in the agenda).

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net