[openstack-dev] [tc] [all] TC Report 18

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Wed May 3 16:20:07 UTC 2017

On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 2:41 AM, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org>
wrote:

> Chris Dent wrote:
> >
> > # Intro
> >
> > Feedback from last week's first attempt at a weekly overview of TC
> > activity was positive enough to continue. Suggestions on how to make
> > it more useful welcome. Main change this time is that I've added
> > some information on stuff happened outside the meeting, a link to
> > the meeting minutes, and a section on stuff we talked about last
> > week that we said we'd pick up later but haven't yet.
> > [...]
>
> Thanks again for publishing your notes!
>
> That reminded me of an issue that has been bothering me for a while. We
> have one area that the current reviews+meeting system fails to capture
> well: issues that are raised somewhere in the community but do not take
> the shape of a formal resolution or governance change. In the current
> system, TC members (or really, anyone in the community) can add to the
> "Open discussion" section of the meeting agenda, but that happens
> extremely rarely. I suspect that the 5 minutes per week that we end up
> dedicating to open discussion in the meetings does not encourage people
> to load large topics of discussions in it. But it's a bit of a
> chicken-and-egg: I only keep a couple minutes of open discussion because
> nobody posts topics to discuss there on the agenda...

Would office hours work for this case? Might bring up random topics, but at
least the conversation could be real-time. Seems worth trying.

Thanks Chris for writing up notes! It's a tough job to summarize and this
is well-done.

Anne

> As we look toward evolving the meeting format, I feel like moving to a
> more free-form, less timeboxed forum for discussing TC topics (like a
> specific IRC channel or office hours in #openstack-dev) will allow us to
> raise such hot topics more easily.
>
> --
> Thierry Carrez (ttx)

Read my blog: justwrite.click <https://justwriteclick.com>
Subscribe to Docs|Code: docslikecode.com