[openstack-dev] [neutron] neutron-lib impact: neutron.plugins.common.constants are now in neutron-lib

Boden Russell bodenvmw at gmail.com
Wed May 3 14:30:20 UTC 2017

If your project uses neutron.plugins.common.constants please read on. If
not, it's probably safe to discard this message.

A number of the constants from neutron.plugins.common.constants have
moved into neutron-lib:
- The service type constants are in neutron_lib.plugins.constants
- Many of the others are in neutron_lib.constants
- A few have not yet been rehomed into neutron-lib

Suggested actions:
- If you work on a stadium project, you should already be covered [1].
- Otherwise, please move your project's imports to use the constants in
neutron-lib rather than neutron. See the work in [1] for reference.

Once we see sub-projects moved off these constants, we'll begin removing
them from neutron.plugins.common.constants (likely as a set of patches).
We can discuss this topic in our weekly neutron meeting.

Thanks

[1]
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/message:%22use+neutron-lib+constants+rather%22