[openstack-dev] [all][tc][cinder][mistral][manila] A path forward to shiny consistent service types

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed May 3 07:47:30 UTC 2017

Monty Taylor wrote:
> On 05/01/2017 10:44 AM, Ben Swartzlander wrote:
>> On 04/28/2017 06:26 PM, Monty Taylor wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> Thoughts? Anyone violently opposed?
>>
>> I don't have any problems with this idea. My main concern would be for
>> backwards-compatibility and it sounds like that's pretty well sorted out.
>>
>> I do think it's important that if we make this improvement that all the
>> projects really do get it done at around the same time, because if we
>> only implement it 80% of projects, it will look pretty weird.
>
> I could not possibly agree more strongly with both points.

"All the projects [should] really [...] get it done at around the same
time, because if we only implement it 80% of projects, it will look
pretty weird" sounds pretty much like the definition of a good
cross-community goal. Can we afford to wait for Queens to implement this
? If yes it feels like this would make a great goal.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)