[openstack-dev] [nova-scheduler] Get scheduler hint

Mooney, Sean K sean.k.mooney at intel.com
Tue May 2 17:12:56 UTC 2017

[Mooney, Sean K] if you can use heat you can use the server anti affinity filter
To create a server group per port-pair group and ensure that two instance of the same
port-pair-group do not reside on the same server. You could also use heat's/senlin's
Scaling groups to define the insantce count of each SF in the chain.
There was a presentation on this in Barcelona
https://www.openstack.org/summit/barcelona-2016/summit-schedule/events/15037/on-building-an-auto-healing-resource-cluster-using-senlin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmdU_m6vRZc
But as jay says below it depends on what you are trying to solve.
If you are trying to model ha constraints for a service chain the above may
Help however it is likely outside the scope of nova/placement api to support this directly.