[openstack-dev] [qa][heat][murano][daisycloud] Removing Heat support from Tempest

Luigi Toscano ltoscano at redhat.com
Tue May 2 07:46:22 UTC 2017

----- Original Message -----

> On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 5:27 AM, MONTEIRO, FELIPE C < fm577c at att.com > wrote:
>

>> Murano currently uses the Tempest orchestration client for its scenario
>> Tempest tests [0], which are not turned on by default in the Murano Tempest
>> gate due to resource constraints.
>>
>> However, I'm hesitant to switch to Heat's testing client, because it is not a
>> Tempest client, but rather the python-heatclient. I would like to know
>> whether there are plans to change this to a Tempest-based client?
>
> There are no plans to switch the heat integration/functional tests to using
> the tempest based client. The heat tests will use heatclient for most tests,
> and gabbi for testing the REST API.
>
> Since you're testing Murano rather than the Heat API, I think converting your
> tests to heatclient would be reasonable.

I think that a Tempest-based Heat client should live somewhere anyway, for the same reasons which lead to the creation of the Tempest clients.

Even if as a Heat team you are not directly interested in it, other consumers may be interested (like in this case). I think that a Heat Tempest client should live somewhere anyway.

--
Luigi