[openstack-dev] [barbican][castellan] How to share secrets in barbican

yanxingan yanxingan at cmss.chinamobile.com
Fri Mar 31 06:58:39 UTC 2017

Thanks Kaitlin Farr.

In tacker vim usecase, an operator [user A] may create a vim with an
account[user B] to access the NFVI. I want to store user B's password in
barbican.

There are two methods to store secret:
1. All user A's vim secrets are stored in one common reserved
project/user as mentioned.
2. For each user A, the vim secret is stored in it's own domain
respectively.

The problem of 2 is:
1) Vim can not be shared between different projects with default
barbican RBAC policy.
2) It's not secure to open the access to all users via RBAC policy. In
addition, barbican may be invoked by other projects, e.g. nova, neutron lb.
3) It's not convenient to add every user to the ACL of A's secret.

Is barbican ACL suport a "shared" similar attribute to a secret?